They were playing by themselves for about 15 min when Sarah went down to tell them it was time to eat lunch. Well, she found a nice surprise with Grace and a pair of scissors in her hand. Yes, she hacked her hair... and it's
bad. She's tried this before and has been severely scolded to never ever ever play with scissors and to never ever cut her hair, so she knew what she was doing. Plus, she always knows what she's doing, she just doesn't care. She cut it so short it's practically shaved in one part and she has no bangs at all.So, I'm upstairs and I hear Sarah's hysterical screaming. I pause for a moment to listen for the exact tone and this wasn't scared hysteria, but rather angry hysteria. So, thankful we weren't headed to the hospital, I slowly made my way down. On the way down, I pictured painted walls or furniture, shredded books, or even worse... a busted plasma. So, as I think this I start to get a little worked up myself. I meet Sarah as she's walking up and she is about as red faced as I've ever seen her and obviously Grace is balling at this point. I couldn't make out much of the high-pitched decibels being spewed, but I did catch the word hair, which is when I took notice of Grace's odd choice in hair style. I couldn't help myself and immediately broke down in laughter. I still can't hardly look at the child without laughing at her... it's hilarious. But alas, I am a parent and this is supposedly no laughing matter. I think we should just shave her head, but Sarah has some seemingly practical approach involving head ribbons or some such thing. I think we could make a reverse mohawk too, but Sarah won't have it. In any case, it'll be bringing a smile to my face for months as it slowly grows out.
In other news, bubba's hair is coming in the thickest up top and he has just enough for a fohawk. I'm a fan personally.Oh, one more piece on the hair saga. Mac was there the whole time and typically she would've ran upstairs at first sign of mischief to tell on her fun-loving lil' sis. So, when queried why this didn't happen, her response: "well, ma-awm... If I would've known she was doing that, I would've come to tell you." So in the end, it's all Apple's fault. I don't know why Sarah was so mad at Grace, it wasn't her fault, it was Apple's fault for distracting Mac's attention... this is still America right?!?! Where it's never the child's or the parent's fault, I'm suing.
:P
peace.
2 comments:
She still looks pretty darn cute!
Hey Grace, only the brightest children pick up a pair of scissors and decide to take matters into their own hands -- ask Aunt Mandy!
I love you all.
I urge you to take Grace to a counselor immediately. Hair-cutting is a sign of real psychological damage-- ask Aunt Meg!
I love you all.
Post a Comment