Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A day in the life of Grace

"Daddy, one time I had a poop thiiis big," exclaims Grace holding her arms straight from her sides. She continues, "It was so big that it made me tip over. I think I'm having a poop that big again." A few moments later... "Nope, this one was small. I think it was only inches."

Yes, she was sitting on the toilet during this conversation. Yes, I somehow managed to keep it together and not spoil the moment. Seriously, Sarah needs to clean up her language... clearly she's talking about the size of her bowls too much around Grace.

I've been trying to remember conversations like this to put up here so you know what it's like to live with Grace right now. The things that come out of her mouth...

In other news, Mac only has 8 days of school left (same as Sarah). She's feeling a little bittersweet about it. She can't wait to "play" all day, but she will miss her friends a lot. A question recently posed to Mac from aunt Mandy, "MacKenzie, are you the smartest kid in kindergarten?" Her response, "No, but I'm the biggest." True statement... by several inches. Poor Amazonian kid. Oh, the pic above is from a play we took the kids to in Colo Springs. It was AWESOME. Small little production of kids doing circus type stuff. Really talented and well done. Kids loved it.

Luke is really starting to figure out sounds and is making good progress. He's starting to spit out words more frequently now. We also think he's in a growth spurt right now. The dude seems taller by the day. He gave us a little scare this weekend with a fairly serious case of croup. He woke up Sat night with a seal bark of a cough and barely able to suck in a breath. He couldn't even cry. He got better the longer he was awake, but we thought it best to take him in. So, Sarah took him to the ER where they gave him steroids to open his wind pipe and some cool water treatment with mist. He's been dandy since and surprisingly strong. Kids are great that way... freak you out one second and back to normal the next.

peace.

1 comment:

marta said...

Awesome, thanks Jesse! I miss you guys, love ya!